The positive effect of mental wellbeing and the negative impact of poor mental wellbeing on employees and organisations is now widely acknowledged. The management of mental health in the workplace is a health, safety and equality issue which is covered by legislation. Managers therefore have an obligation to both support employees with mental health concerns and to manage levels of pressure in the workplace. Good quality wellbeing conversations are key to managing mental wellbeing and performance.
This practical and engaging 4 hour virtual interactive webinar which will help participants to develop skills for managing employee mental wellbeing safely and effectively for optimum performance. There will be breaks throughout this webinar.
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Understand of mental wellbeing and gain an overview of mild to severe mental health conditions.
- Identify the sources, causes and warning signs of poor mental wellbeing and understand their impact on performance.
- Understand the business case for why organisations should invest in employee wellbeing.
- Understood your legal role and duty of care for managing mental health at work and use the organisation’s policies and procedures relating to it.
- Use good questioning and listening skills to have good quality wellbeing conversation.
- Effectively signpost employees to sources of support and actively encourage them to use these.